Date:      Mon, 23 Aug 2004 09:03:02 -0700
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>
Cc:        ceri@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: To PR Senders

--/9DWx/yDrRhgMJTb

On Sat, Aug 21, 2004 at 03:34:56PM -0500, Mark Linimon wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Aug 2004, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
>=20
> > Do kernel configs or dmesg -v output count as log files too?  These can
> > easily exceed 20 KB, since a non-verbose dmesg output is almost 15 KB in
> > a recent -CURRENT:
>=20
> Well, what do people think?  Are these really useful for enough people
> to let them sit around in GNATS?  I would think that most of our kernel
> people have high-speed connections ... I mean, if there are only a
> handful of people who are in a position to understand the problem, I
> don't see the reason to clutter up the database.

A boot -v dmesg of my laptop is around 22.5K.  If you can't embed a
couple of dmesg's you're PR won't be all that useful in some cases so
we should not discourage this.  Other then the bytes to the mailing list,
I believe the cost of allowing a gnats file to grow is close to zero.

-- Brooks

--=20

--/9DWx/yDrRhgMJTb

--/9DWx/yDrRhgMJTb--