Date:      Wed, 28 Jul 2004 14:52:01 -0400
From:      Warren Pollans <warren@meyer-pollans.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   perl5.8 with 4.10 stable?

Hello,

I'd like to upgrade perl on my recently installed 4.10 box - the current perl version is 5.005_03.  Do I download the source and build/install it - and then re-install the perl modules?  Or is there a cvsup/portupgrade way of doing this?  I have cvsup'd (ports-all tag=.) and portupgrade'd (arR) - but I still have the old perl.  :-(  Sorry, I'm new to freebsd.  I have also cvsup'd (src-all) and rebuilt the kernel.

Any suggestions and/or redirection appreciated.  The box appears to work fine - I'd just like to have a newer perl

Thanks,

Warren