Date:      Mon, 29 Jul 2002 01:39:37 +0200
From:      Marco van Tol <bsd-mobile@tols.org>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Asus L3800S notebook - 4-button TouchPad

Hi,

I recently bought an Asus L3800S laptop. It's got a nifty touchpad which I
got working perfectly under X, except for the 2 extra buttons it comes with.

I already tried what happens if you click them in an 'xev' window, which is
unfortunately 'nothing'. That is what made me think that possibly, the
support for them might not be available in the OS, however strange that
might sound.

Under an OS coming out of Redmond, it takes a native Asus driver to get
these 2 buttons to work. Sadly, Asus does not mention any unix like OS's in
it's manuals.

Is there anybody out there who was more fortunate in getting these buttons
to work?

If you're not sure what I mean, the best picture I could find of these
buttons is at http://www.asus.com.tw/notebook/l3000s/overview.htm.
The silver butterfly between the two touchpad buttons is actually two extra
buttons.

If this is the wrong list for this question, please let me know.
I will also try to ask this same question at some XFree86 list if it exists.

Thanks in advance,

Marco van Tol

--
Marco van Tol [mailto:bsd-mobile@tols.org] [http://www.tols.org]
He's the kind of guy, that, well, if you were ever in a jam he'd be