Date:      Wed, 09 Jul 1997 20:14:54 +0200
From:      Christophe Brajon <avenirint@hol.fr>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Compatibility between releases of freeBSD ports

I have recently imported the port for xcannon game. When we executed
the program our file system /usr/bin has been completely destroyed.
Thanks to the brave old Unix (and Free-BSD) we recovered from this
painfull situation.
However we now hesitate to import any more ports from the Free-BSD ftp
site, being afraid of a similar punishment!
Our release is Free BSD 2.1.6 and we would like to know whether it is
possible to install any POSTERIOR ports release software version.