Date:      Tue, 18 Jan 2000 20:52:29 +0000
From:      Scott Mitchell <s.mitchell@computer.org>
To:        karsten@rohrbach.de, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: -current, cardbus and xircom cardbus ethernet 10/100+ modem56k globalaccess

On Tue, Jan 18, 2000 at 05:46:03PM +0100, Karsten W. Rohrbach wrote:
> hiya all,
> the bugger is back ;-)
>
> i just wondered, since my dfe660 ethernet card works, my xircom card
> does not. when i pccardc power 0 1 the slot, pccardd comes up with
> Jan 18 17:21:08 hardcore /kernel: pccard: card inserted, slot 0
> Jan 18 17:21:14 hardcore pccardd[43]: No card in database for ""("")
>
> woops?
> the card is a "xircom cardbus ethernet 10/100+ modem 56k globalaccess"
> all in one card. its got 10/100 ethernet, 56kflex/v.anything modem and
> gsm - so it's very likely that i would love to have that running ;-)
> what i know is, that it is a cardbus card, i dont know if the dlink 660
> is a cardbus card, so is there any serious black magic to apply to get
> it running?

Sidestepping the CardBus supprt question a little (someone more intimate
with -current than I should answer that...) I'm pretty sure there's no
driver for the CardBus Xircoms.  They use quite different hardware to the
PCMCIA models supported by my xe driver.

ISTR people muttering that they were interested in working on it though.
Fire an email to <freebsd-xircom@lovett.com> and see if anyone confesses.

Cheers,

	Scott