Date:      Mon, 3 Apr 2017 20:06:22 +0200
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   WLAN configuration GUI

I'm interested in setting up a GUI frontend for WLAN configuration.
In the ports collection, there are wpa_gui and wifimgr. What are
the required steps to get at least one of them working?

I can get WLAN working manually as described here:

https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/network-wireless.html

http://www.wonkity.com/~wblock/docs/html/wireless.html

As expected, for a "statically set-up" WLAN access this works fine.
But I'm essentially missing a kind of "this is a list of the
currently present WLANs, which one to connect to" + asking for
access credentials. I'm not even sure the programs mentioned
above will do that because I've never seen one working... ;-)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany