Date:      Tue, 14 Feb 1995 09:35:39 +0100 (MET)
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        tsai@server.keck.lmu.edu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freefall.cdrom.com (user alias)
Subject:   Re: CDROM Problem

> I install the FreeBSD 2.0 right from the FreeBSD CDROM.  But after the installation, I just can mount the CDROM.  There is a message say that "....superblock", I can really remember.  Could someone tell me what is wrong?  Thanks.
>
> Yao-Wen Stephen Tsai 2/13/95

What type of cdrom do you have, i.e. what is the device name? It
may be mcd0a, cd0a depending on whether you have a SCSI cdrom
or a CDROM with a separate controller.

Did you try something like

mount -r -t isofs /dev/mcd0a /mnt

or

mount -r -t cd9660 /dev/mcd0a /mnt

?

FreeBSD blues 2.1.0-Development FreeBSD 2.1.0-Development #0: Tue Feb  7
09:56:53  1995     kuku@blues:/sys/compile/BLUES  i386