Date:      Sun, 28 Mar 1999 15:55:59 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@iaces.com>
To:        wood@eris.quintessential.com (Brian D. Woodruff)
Cc:        grog@lemis.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.1 UNstable

> >- Did you install new boot blocks?
>
> yup. "dangerously dedicated" FreeBSD ones, no boot manager, cos we *LIKE*
> being dangerously dedicated.
>
> >- Did you build your own kernel?

I've found that dangerously dedicated fails much more often than just
making a FBSD (165) slice, even when it's the whole disk. You'll often
run into geometry problems this way. Which, btw, I suspect in this case.

--
The car ran out of gas.
--from "Excuses, Excuses" *the* compendium of excuses by Leigh W. Rutledge