Date:      Mon, 20 Aug 2001 11:43:15 +0200
From:      Martin Krzysiak <mak@irb.cs.uni-dortmund.de>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   A few "how to do this?"-questions

Hi people,

I'm still new to FreeBSD, so sorry for whatever
You don't like about my questions...

1) In /etc/ttys, I uncommented the line where xdm
    is started and replaced the 'x' in xdm with 'k' to
    start kdm. I think something is wrong, because
    kdm tells me there is a wrong parameter.
    It is still starting but I would like what is wrong
    with it.

2) I'm missing 'Microsoft SideWinder Joypad'
    support in the kernel from 4.3-20010812-STABLE.
    Any ideas how to get it to run?

3) The kernel doesn't recognize my Pioneer DVD
     (SCSI; standard NCR controller)
     as a valid CDROM drive. It gives me some errors
     about it while booting (I would cutnpaste but I'm
     on different box now, sorry)

4) Anyone has got the USB-webcam Creative WebCam
    Go ? Is it supported ?

OK, thanks in advance,
Martin