Date:      Mon, 26 Sep 2022 05:01:38 -0400
From:      Karl Vogel <vogelke@pobox.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: disk non-destructive bad-block write/fix?

On 9/19/22 11:45 PM, grarpamp wrote:
> Store a sha256 of all the files, read them back to verify and compare
> to that.

>> On Sun, 25 Sep 2022, Gary Aitken replied:

G> Can you post a script that does this?  (Save me (and others?) some effort).
G> If you already do this, what is the sequence?

Here's some code plus a description of how I keep track of file
permissions, contents, etc.  It's a little long to post.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DataHoarder/comments/c9t99s/looking_for_a_find_manifest_ingester_and_analyser/et4zdua/

https://www.reddit.com/r/commandline/comments/w7xk95/

--
Karl Vogel / vogelke AT pobox DOT com / I don't speak for anyone at the moment

INSTRUCTIONS ON PACKAGING FOR A ROWENTA IRON:
     Do not Iron clothes on body.