Date:      Sat, 25 Sep 2004 09:26:51 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Michael L. Squires" <mikes@siralan.org>
To:        freebsd-openoffice@freebsd.org
Subject:   Configure failure with 5.3-BETA4, OO 1.1.2_1

Compiling oo 1.1.2_1 from ports under 5.3-BETA5 after deleting /usr/ports
and re-cvsuping fails with

/usr/ports/editors/openoffice-1.1/work/oo_1.1.2_arc/dmake/config.guess: No
such file or directory
*** Error code 1

but the file is there.

No options were passed (i.e., just "make" in the ports directory).

The major system change has been switching from XFree86 to Xorg and KDE
3.3 from KDE 3.2 at about the time that 5.3-BETA forked from CURRENT.

I had one other port where configure failed to find sys/types.h but
which now
compiles after a few days of updates; I'm wondering if configure has
changed in a way that affects the OO port.

I found one other message indicating I'm not alone with this problem, but
I didn't find a solution in Google; UPDATING doesn't mention OO at all.

Compiling OO is not vital to me; I'm posting this in case it's not just
user error but a real problem that affects 5.3-RELEASE.

Mike Squires
mikes at siralan.org