Date:      Wed, 09 Aug 2000 14:20:32 +0100
From:      John Murphy <bigotfo@bigfoot.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Fvwm2 modules etc. missing?

=46reeBSD 4.1 Release, XFree86 4.0.1, Fvwm2.2.4.

I'm having problems using Fvwm2 possibly because I've missed a
step somewhere.  No Modules have been installed and there isn't
a system.fvwm2rc anywhere. (installed with sysinstall)

The man page suggests:

     During initialization, fvwm will search for a  configuration
     file  which  describes  key  and  button bindings, and a few
     other things.  The format of these files will  be  described
     later.  First, fvwm will search for a file named .fvwm2rc in
     the user's home directory, then in ${sysconfdir}  (typically
     /usr/local/etc).    Failing   that,   it   will   look   for
     system.fvwm2rc in ${sysconfdir}  for  system-wide  defaults.
     If that file is not found, fvwm will be basically useless.

I've used someone's .fvwm2rc file and got it working to some extent
after having to change a lot of filenames listed in it from say
foo-bar.xpm to foo.bar.xpm ? But I need the MODULES.

I can't seem to find fvwm2 modules in any other format than .rpm
which is Linux I think.  Can I use those somehow?

Thanks again.
John.

--=20
P.A.S.  The Power to Swerve.