Date:      Sun, 19 Sep 1999 21:45:43 +0100 (BST)
From:      Andrew Boothman <andrew@ukug.uk.FreeBSD.org>
To:        Sanjay Kisen <Sanjay.Kisen@usa.alcatel.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: handbook downloading

On 18-Sep-99 Sanjay Kisen wrote:
> Hi,
>         This is sanjay kisen I have bought freebsd2.2.7 from walnut
> creek and freebsd3.0 from mall. I do have these questions.
> 1. while installing bsd2.2.7 the cd is unable to extract the bin and
> after opening I saw the CD was scrached I have missed the bill and I
> dont know how to install it .

It's difficult to know what to do here. Seeing as you have got a 3.0 CD set as
well, I'd just ignore the problem.

> 2. the version 3.0 from mall is working well but I dont have the
> handbook how to do the ftp of this hand book and down load from the web.
> Let me have the IP adss of the server which is having this.

The Handbook is available on http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/ but (a slightly
older version) is probably installed on your machine. Check
/usr/share/doc/handbook/ and also /usr/share/doc/FAQ/

> 3. How to activate the soundcard?
> 4. How to install the CD rom drive(rewritable).?

Your remaining to questions are really too vague to answer, it would take a
long time to describe the whole process of adding new devices to the system.

My advice would be to read the handbook, and come back to the list with any
spacific problems that you're having.

---
Andrew Boothman <andrew@ukug.uk.FreeBSD.org>
FreeBSD UK User Group