Date:      Mon, 25 Nov 2002 11:12:28 -0800
From:      Johnson David <DavidJohnson@Siemens.com>
To:        advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: live CD?

On Sunday 24 November 2002 06:26 am, Dru wrote:
> Has anyone seen the live Linux demo CD yet?
>
> http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html
>
> How feasible would it be to make one of these for FreeBSD? It's a great
> idea to be able to demo something without installing, for those who aren't
> sure if they're ready to take the plunge...

There already is one. It's the second CD of the set. It's not as flashy as
Knoppix, but it works. FreeBSD has had this for a long time. Many Linux
distros have had one as well.

Knoppix is intended (I believe) as a demonstration CD, rather than a reference
filesystem or rescue CD. Thus it has a lot of extra hardware detection and
stuff like that. But it isn't significantly different from other live CDs.

David