Date:      Mon, 31 Mar 2003 10:14:20 +0200
From:      CARTER Anthony <a.carter@cordis.lu>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OT Humble Pie (was hardw words)

IMHO (In My Humble Opinion), if anyone has any gripes with the language in the
documentation for freebsd, instead of complaining to FreeBSD mailing lists,
they should get involved with the documentation projects and write an
"understandable" version. I don't mind people complaining about things, but
instead of just complaining, suggesting changes would be more useful and, I
guess, very welcomed.

So, next time you find a complicated man page or technical article, find out
the answer by asking questions on mailing lists etc., figure out what it
means, and then re-write the documentation in a way that you would find
useful for others in your situation. Then submit it for approval and basta,
everyone profits. In the end, with everyone doing just a little, the
documentation could be vastly improved for non-technical people.

Anthony Carter