Date:      Tue, 14 Aug 2001 18:43:55
From:      Noel Balansag <pongkee@fibertel.com.ar>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Printer not working

Hello.

Could anyone help me out? I cannot make my printer run.

This is what is inside my kernel config:

# Parallel port
device		ppc0	at isa? irq 7
device 	ppbus	# Parallel port bus ( Required )
device		lpt	# Printer
# device	plip	# TCP/IP over parallel
# device	ppi	# Parallel port interface device
# device	vpo	# Requires scbus and da

And in dmesg, it shows:

ppc0: <Parallel port> at port 0x378-0x37f irq 7 on isa 0
ppc0: SMC-like chipset (ECP/EPP/PS2/NIBBLE) in COMPATIBLE mode
ppc0: FIFO with 16/16/16 bytes threshold
ppbus0: IEEE1284 device found /NIBBLE
Probing for PnP devices on ppbus0:
ppbus0: <Canon BJC-2100/1.00> PRINTER BJL, BJRaster, BSCC, TXT01
lpt0: <Printer> on ppbus0
lpt0: Interrupt-driven port

I already tried adding "device lpt0 at isa? port? tty irq 7 vector lptintr"
in the kernel, but everytime I compile, I get syntax error. Even if I try
with lptest, there is no response from the printer. I can use this printer
with WinNT, so I'm quite sure there is no problem with the parallel port.

Any help would be welcome.

Thanks.