Date:      Tue, 12 Sep 1995 01:55:19 +1000
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org, ugen@latte.worldbank.org
Subject:   Re: dset & userconfig

>>userconfig() handles the scancodeish values returned by sccngetc() for
>>arrow keys (588 = up arrow).  It attempts to handle ANSI escape
>>sequences for arrow keys (`ESC [ A' for up arrow) but this seems to be
>>broken (it doesn't work here for a serial terminal).  pcvt apparently
>>returns something different from syscons.  I think it returns ESC [ A
>>for the up arrow not on the numeric keypad but that doesn't work.
>Yap...probably something like that..anyway as a fact it is completely
>unsuable..So actually we don't have userconfig at all....

Use syscons.  You can now have pcvt and syscons in the same kernel
and can switch between them using userconfig.  At least, you could
switch between them if userconfig worked :-).

The problem with serial consoles seems to be that dolist() redraws
stuff while in the middle of an escape sequence, so input is lost
(input is polled).  Typing the escape sequence works.  It works in
pcvt.  Type `Esc [ A' and `Esc [ B' to move up and down.

Bruce