Date:      Thu, 13 Feb 1997 05:20:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      proff@iq.org
To:        freebsd-ports
Subject:   subject=Re: ports/2352: wu-ftp port does not work with DES crypted pas

The following reply was made to PR ports/2352; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: proff@iq.org
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org, proff@suburbia.net
Cc:  Subject: subject=Re: ports/2352: wu-ftp port does not work with DES crypted pas
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 00:07:47 +1100 (EST)

 >The port is changed to use dynamic -lcrypt for packages, does
 >the problem still persist?  (Actually I'm not even sure if the problem
 >with the package, your PR is way way too terse to be of any use at all.)

 I have a system with mixed md5 and des passwords. And crypt(3) etc is
 compiled with support for both. All other crypt() using programs seem to
 work correctly. With wuftp, users in passwd with DES passwords fail,
 while those with md5 passwords work.