Date:      Mon, 6 Aug 2001 12:01:52 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Carlos A M dos Santos <no-spam-please@urisan.tche.br>
To:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: PATCH: syscons.c sysctl for PC-Reboot Keys

On Sun, 5 Aug 2001, Pascal Pederiva wrote:

> in case someone also has the desire to be able to turn the syscons
> CTRL-ALT-DELETE Reboot on and off without a kernel re-compile, this
> patch is for you.
[...]

I have this desire. I have a lab with 25 machines running FreeBSD and
don't want people rebooting them by mistake. Of course I know they can
simply turn the machine off, but from my experience, people think twice
before pushing the power (or reset) button.

--
Prof. Carlos A. M. dos Santos     http://www.urisan.tche.br/~casantos
    Universidade Regional Integrada do Alto Uruguai e das Missões