Date:      Fri, 24 Jun 2011 15:38:52 +0400
From:      Peter Vereshagin <peter@vereshagin.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   perl modules included in core perl distribution dupe the portinstalled ones

Concrete jungle, oh freebsd-questions, you've got to do your best...

I'm sorry I put this not into the -perl@ list because there are too many robots
there.
As far as I see the secondary major number change of the perl version can lead
the user to the strange situations as more and more modules are being included
into the perl distrinution itself.
Combined with the previously installed version from ports they don't seem to be
taken care of even by perl-after-upgrade(1).
I've just struggled with the recurring problem of (dualvar|weaken|etc) 'is only
available with the XS version of Scalar::Util' with a kind of a very simple
solution of pkg_delete of p5-Scalar-List-Utils for perl5.14.

By far there is a lot of such a modules, next aforeknown is CGI.pm. Although
it's not an XS module to make such a size of a trouble but I'm pretty sure
there are the ones there.

Is it a known thing for me to quickly detect those duplicate modules packages
and delete tthem and fix the packages dependent on them or it's a stuff to be
made yet?

Thank you.

73! Peter pgp: A0E26627 (4A42 6841 2871 5EA7 52AB  12F8 0CE1 4AAC A0E2 6627)
--
http://vereshagin.org