Date:      Mon, 2 Apr 2018 16:57:23 -0400
From:      William Dudley <wfdudley@gmail.com>
To:        Matt Smith <matt.xtaz@gmail.com>, freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: I broke my Apache 2.4 install and I need help!

I did as you suggested (I made a backup prior.) (I also have good backups,
just not of the file
that FreeBSD/Apache said is "no longer needed").

I got this message:

"You may need to manually remove /usr/local/etc/apache24/httpd.conf if it
is no longer needed."

And the re-install didn't re-write that file from my attempt at getting
things running.
Apache is still totally hosed.

I am confused as to why it says httpd.conf is no longer needed, but
everything is totally hosed
after I removed it.

Bill Dudley

This email is free of malware because I run Linux.