Date:      Tue, 5 Feb 2002 20:30:22 -0500
From:      Rod Person <roddierod@yahoo.com>
To:        "Mozgi_na_stene" <gibbons@cityline.ru>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: !!!!! ERROR IN FREEBSD 4.4RELEASES !!!!!

On Mon, 4 Feb 2002 18:54:34 +0300
"Mozgi_na_stene" <gibbons@cityline.ru> wrote:

> At me FreeBSD 4.4 RELEASES. At installation of packages there is such
> thing: I want to establish all packages what is on a disk, I allocate
> them, I press to establish. The pacts begin to be established, all is
> good, but passes some time and the packages begin to be established on
> very long time; one package will be established, then screen becomes
> empty (dark blue background), will pass 1.5 hours the following package
> begins to be established, and so up to the end. For example: I
> established 35 packages - 5 hours.
>
> Why so the packages are long established.

If i understand what you are saying that;

	using /stand/sysinstall you selected 35 packages to install.
	when you begin the install process it installed one package then the was
a long pause 10 minutes         or so maybe longer.
        But everything does install it just takes forever.

If that's what your saying I had the same exact problem with 4.4 (but only
disk 1). I assumed that it was the fact that I had burned the iso myself
and something had gone wrong - what I done know. But I recently had the
same problem with 4.5 disk 1, so I assumed it was my machine in that I
have a SCSI card that I just installed and since that time my machine has
been slow on boot and such, but still works fine.

I don't have an answer for you just letting it be know that your not the
only one.

Rod

roddierod@yahoo.com

"I'm a character in a world gone wrong!"
	- Entombed - Returning to Madness