Date:      Wed, 15 Feb 2012 17:25:44 +0100
From:      Maciej Milewski <milu@dat.pl>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Cc:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Help : configuring wpa_suplpicant.conf for WEP + login/passwd

Dnia =C5=9Broda, 15 lutego 2012 16:16:10 Arno J. Klaassen pisze:
> Hello,
>=20
> Maciej Milewski <milu@dat.pl> writes:
> >    Dnia wtorek, 14 lutego 2012 21:49:01 Adrian Chadd pisze:
> >    > Wep? With a username/password? I've not seen this.
> >    > Does anyone have any ideas?
> >    > Adrian
> >   =20
> >    Probably WEP one for all users and username/password as an auth =
form
> >    for captive portal(Network Access Control).
>=20
> Looks close : this is on a site with very restricted (physical) acces=
s :
> each day I pass I get a WEP-key and username/password only valid
> during the day; the WEP-key (till now) still is the same
>=20
> As said, I can get the wlan0 interface up, but no idea how to assign
> it an IP-addres ....
>=20
> >    I haven't used that so I
> >    can't say anything more.
>=20
> Pity ;-)  Thanx anyway.
>=20
> Regards,
>=20
> Arno

Arno,
one more thing came to my mind:
you don't need to use wpa_supplicant to get WEP support. AFAIK WEP128 i=
s=20
different name for 104-bits key and that might be supported without nee=
d of=20
wpa_supplicant. man ifconfig might shed some light.
Although wpa_supplicant message states that it connected successfully t=
o the=20
network. Can you try to set the address by hand(taking some earlier inf=
o from=20
windows machine)?

Additionally you may try to use dhcpcd instead of dhclient(I suspect it=
's in=20
ports). I remember some strange networks where dhclient had problems bu=
t=20
dhcpcd worked fine.

Maciej