Date:      Wed, 22 Dec 2004 12:40:17 GMT
From:      Herve Quiroz <herve.quiroz@esil.univ-mrs.fr>
To:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/75348: Tomcat port overwrites server.xml config file

The following reply was made to PR ports/75348; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Herve Quiroz <herve.quiroz@esil.univ-mrs.fr>
To: Jiri Novak <bati@nostromo.cz>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org, Kang Liu <liukang@bjut.edu.cn>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 13:37:02 +0100

 On Wed, Dec 22, 2004 at 09:10:56AM +0100, Jiri Novak wrote:
 > As I wrote in my mail to Kang Liu, I did portupgrade -a on the system
 > which resulted in overwritten config files. I don't exactly know what
 > happened during build of tomcat, because some other ports was updated
 > too and I didn't "script" the upgrade session (stupid of me, I know).

 Jiri,

 I think I understand what happened. In fact all previous versions of the
 port were removing the configuration files when removing the port. From
 pkg-plist, revision 1.13:

 %%T%%/conf/catalina.policy
 %%T%%/conf/catalina.properties
 %%T%%/conf/jk2.properties
 %%T%%/conf/server-minimal.xml
 %%T%%/conf/server.xml
 %%T%%/conf/tomcat-users.xml
 %%T%%/conf/web.xml

 So that's not a problem related to the new version of the port but
 rather something we fixed. From now, your configuration files will not
 be deleted.

 Herve