Date:      Wed, 31 Mar 1999 23:11:29 -0500
From:      Brad Lisoweski <blisowes@cgocable.net>
To:        Mike Jennings <jennings@mercury.kosone.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kde

>I have a question pertaining to the recent release of KDE 1.1  Is there a
>port of this to work with
>FreeBSD? . I have not seem any information on your web site or the KDE web
>site mentioning anything about FreeeBSD.

	In /usr/ports/x11 there is the kde11 port.  However, I've tried numerous
times to get this working with FreeBSD 3.1-Release.  I honestly think that
some of the ports that KDE depends on are broken.  I tried everything I
could think of to get it to work to no avail.  However, my 3.1 box has been
doing strange things to me so it might be a bad install.  I'm going to try
it tomorrow with FreeBSD 3.0-Release.  I'll keep you posted.

Brad