Date:      Mon, 22 Aug 2022 10:43:59 +0200
From:      Santiago Martinez <sm@codenetworks.net>
To:        Toomas Soome <tsoome@me.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: kernel panic during zfs pool import

--------------u4P5qvTcSpoYU1RwBQfrzMVM

Thanks Toommas,
I compiling current right now and will give it a try, hopefully, will be
able to mount and recover the machine.
Will also open a PR as even if the is any corruption/pool damage it
should not panic the machine.

Santi

On 8/18/22 21:45, Toomas Soome wrote:

>> On 18. Aug 2022, at 18:46, Santiago Martinez <sm@codenetworks.net> wrote:
>>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I have a server running 13.1-stable that was powered off (gracefully)
>> and now is been powered on again and we have the following problem.
>>
>> The server boots almost properly, kernel load and when zfs import
>> other pools it panic with the following message.
>>
>> "panic : Solaris (panic) zfs: adding existent segment to range tree
>> (offset=4af2ca9000 size=a0000)".
>>
>> if i boot into single user and the pools (most specifically pool01 )
>> is not imported then there is no panic. but as soon as we try to
>> import pool01 we get that panic error. it worth mentioning that the
>> pool imported/online before.
>>
>> Have two question:
>>
>> *    How i can tell to not import the pool automatically during boot
>> so sever is not stuck in a boot/panic/reboot infinite loop?
>
> removing zpool.cache should do. unfortunately, you would need to boot
> alternate root (usb/cd/net) for that.
>

>> *    Anybody know what this panic means?
>>

> in short - bug. I’d try to boot current and import pool there - maybe
> the issue is fixed in current…
>
> rgds,
> toomas
>
>> Thanks in advance!
>>
>> Santi

--------------u4P5qvTcSpoYU1RwBQfrzMVM

  <head>
  </head>
    Thanks Toommas, <br>
    I compiling current right now and will give it a try, hopefully,
    will be able to mount and recover the machine. <br>
    Will also open a PR as even if the is any corruption/pool damage it
    should not panic the machine.<br>
      cite="mid:5F75D096-F28C-436E-B5C0-4A0EFA7A5F3C@me.com">
            &lt;<a href="mailto:sm@codenetworks.net"
              class="moz-txt-link-freetext" moz-do-not-send="true">sm@codenetworks.net</a>&gt;
            wrote:</div>
              I have a server running 13.1-stable that was powered off
              (gracefully) and now is been powered on again and we have
              the following problem.<br class="">
              The server boots almost properly, kernel load and when zfs
              import other pools it panic with the following message.<br
                class="">
              "panic : Solaris (panic) zfs: adding existent segment to
              range tree (offset=4af2ca9000 size=a0000)".<br class="">
              if i boot into single user and the pools (most
              specifically pool01 ) is not imported then there is no
              panic. but as soon as we try to import pool01 we get that
              panic error. it worth mentioning that the pool
              imported/online before.<br class="">
              Have two question:<br class="">
              *    How i can tell to not import the pool automatically
              during boot so sever is not stuck in a boot/panic/reboot
              infinite loop?<br class="">
            rgb(255, 255, 255);" class="">zpool.cache should do.
            unfortunately, you would need to boot alternate root
            (usb/cd/net) for that.</span></div>
              *    Anybody know what this panic means?<br class="">
          there - maybe the issue is fixed in current…</div>
              Santi<br class="">

--------------u4P5qvTcSpoYU1RwBQfrzMVM--