Date:      Wed, 20 Jun 2001 13:16:58 +0900
From:      Changhoon Kim <kimch@etri.re.kr>
To:        "Orville R. Weyrich.Jr" <orville@weyrich.com>
Cc:        bv@wjv.com, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Securing the root account

Orville,

The only thing I know and tried yet is PuTTY.
It's a freeware.

Cheers,

Chang

"Orville R. Weyrich.Jr" wrote:

> Speaking of SSH, are there any recommended SSH clients for Windows 95?
>
> orville.
>
> On Tue, 19 Jun 2001, Bill Vermillion wrote:
>
> > Get rid of all telnet account and put in SSH so that no clear text
> > passwords ever cross the net.   That's just a small step on the
> > way, to locking down a system, but just changing login  names won't
> > do it.

> Orville R. Weyrich, Jr.                 Weyrich Computer Consulting
> mailto:orville@weyrich.com     KD7HJV        http://www.weyrich.com

Changhoon Kim

Dept. of Internet Technologies
Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute (ETRI)
Taejon, KOREA
Tel) +82-42-860-5801
Fax) +82-42-860-5440

***
Man usually avoids attributing cleverness to somebody else, unless it is
an enemy.
 -- Albert Einstein