Date:      Tue, 10 Jan 2012 10:56:47 +0900 (JST)
From:      Hiroki Sato <hrs@FreeBSD.org>
To:        feld@feld.me
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: accepting rtadv broken on 9-STABLE, re driver?

----Security_Multipart(Tue_Jan_10_10_56_47_2012_244)--

Mark Felder <feld@feld.me> wrote
  in <op.v7t4xpuh34t2sn@tech304>:

fe> On Mon, 09 Jan 2012 13:02:24 -0600, Hiroki Sato <hrs@freebsd.org>
fe> wrote:
fe>
fe> > re0 seems to have ACCEPT_RTADV.  What is the problem?
fe>
fe> That's because I haven't rebooted....
fe>
fe> Let's start fresh.
fe>
fe> The normal ipv6 configuration anyone would use:
fe>
fe> -ipv6_activate_all_interfaces="YES" in rc.conf
fe>
fe> -NO mention of net.inet6.ip6.accept_rtadv in sysctl.conf
fe>
fe> I boot up, re0 *does not* have ACCEPT_RTADV.

 This is an expected behavior.  ACCEPT_RTADV is disabled by default on
 9.X.

fe> I try forcing via the sysctl: net.inet6.ip6.accept_rtadv=1
fe>
fe> Still doesn't work!

 This needs a reboot.  Did you reboot the box?

fe> Why? What makes this machine different? All the other machines I run
fe> do not require this to get ACCEPT_RTADV. Is it the re driver? My other
fe> machines have em and ath interfaces.

 Putting the following line

  net.inet6.ip6.accept_rtadv=1

 into /etc/sysctl.conf, and then removing the following line

  ipv6_ifconfig_re0="inet6 accept_rtadv"

 should work, I think.  (Of course a reboot is needed after that).

-- Hiroki