Date:      Sun, 13 Sep 1998 13:26:17 -0700
From:      gummibear@we.mediaone.net
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   NIC's, drivers and PCI

Hey folks,

Okay I got a PCI NE2000 compatible ethernet card that' is on IRQ 10.  It
gets detected as ed1.  I'm curious to see why it's not set as ed0?  Is it
because ed0 is for isa based cards?  How can I tweak it so that it can be
set on ed0?  I want to be adding another ether card of the same type to
make this my gateway through a cable modem.  Does PCI have a port address?
How can I fix all of this?

Thanks,

Joey