Date:      Sun, 4 Dec 2005 18:58:18 -0800
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@freebsd.org>
To:        Nathan Vidican <nvidican@wmptl.com>
Cc:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Tyan alternatives cuz their support totally sucks

On Fri, Dec 02, 2005 at 08:13:46AM -0500, Nathan Vidican wrote:
> Ken Gunderson wrote:
> >Requirements:
> >1) Single Opteron should suffice
> >2) DDR400 ECC supported
> >3) SATA disk subsystem will suffice 2 drive gmirror conf.  4 drive
..
> I've always had good experiences with MSI boards/systems... generally well
> priced/featured and their support is pretty good.

MSI's support of Opteron sucks terribly.  They have a strong track record
of EOL'ing their Opteron boards by not providing BIOS support when new
Opteron come out.  Unless you really need 12 DIMM sockets on a dual-cpu
(2 processor sockets) motherboard I would never buy an MSI.

--
-- David  (obrien@FreeBSD.org)