Date:      Wed, 14 Dec 2011 15:32:48 +0100 (CET)
From:      Daniel Stolpe <stolpe@resilans.se>
To:        Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: EeePC 900 && 10-CURRENT: a story of success

--247595523-630512081-1323873168=:10700

On Wed, 14 Dec 2011, Matthias Apitz wrote:

> El día Wednesday, December 14, 2011 a las 02:56:00PM +0100, Daniel Stolpe escribió:
>

>> Hello,
>>
>> Good to hear. I run patched 10-current on a new Lenovo Thinkpad X121e and
>> yes, most thinks works fine, even webcam. The only thing that remains is
>> to get microphone to work properly in Skype. (Video works great).
>>
>> Just a question, why do you run such old ports on top of a brand OS?
>>
>> I went straight for KDE-4.7.3 etc.
>
> Hi Daniel,
>
> All my ports are uptodate (from CVS of November 3). Maybe your question
> is, why I use KDE3 and not KDE4?
>
> The EeePC has only a 900 MHz CPU and around 16 GByte disk. But even on
> my 'real' laptop I run KDE3. I think KDE4 does not provide better
> usability and in general hunts in the wrong direction. Most of my work I
> do in (x)terminals and I just need something to start other X11
> applications. KDE3 fits my needs.

Hello Matthias,

Yes KDE3 and Firefox 3.6 etc. It took a great deal of time until KDE4
became usaable and I usually installed both to have everything work. The
probelem then is that old releases are less supported.

But I still run a FVWM in a screen just to get a window manager so I
definitely see your point. :-)

Regards,

Daniel

Daniel Stolpe           Tel:  08 - 688 11 81                   stolpe@resilans.se
Resilans AB             Fax:  08 - 55 00 21 63            http://www.resilans.se/
Box 13 054							      556741-1193
103 02 Stockholm

--247595523-630512081-1323873168=:10700--