Date:      Fri, 23 Apr 2004 00:12:12 +0200
From:      "Georg-W. Koltermann" <gwk@rahn-koltermann.de>
To:        Marc van Kempen <marc@bowtie.nl>
Cc:        java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Running Eclipse 3 M7 on FreeBSD 5.2.1

Am Di, den 13.04.2004 schrieb Marc van Kempen um 20:34:
> Georg-W. Koltermann wrote:
>
> >Am Mi, den 17.03.2004 schrieb Mustabasic Reuf um 23:02:
> >

> >>I was wondering if it would be possible to run eclipse 3 millestone 7 on
> >>with FreeBSD 5.2.1  and JDK1.4.1_p6 ???
> >
> >Guess it would be more easy (timewise) if I shared the *.so's.  I'll
> >find out how I create a homepage with my provider.  Maybe tomorrow :-)
> >

> Hi Georg,
>
> You wrote this about a month ago. I was wondering if there is any
> progression on this front?
>
> Regards,
> Marc.

Hi Marc,

I am really sorry for the delay.  I've put a tar file with the FreeBSD
*.so's at www dot rahn-koltermann dot de slash files (there's only that
one file in there).  Unpack the Eclipse 3M7 sourceIncluded distribution,
cd into it, and unpack my tar file.  It should replace the Linux *.so's
with FreeBSD ones.  Then build with the same command that you would use
for Linux (-os Linux -ws gtk IIRC).  The resulting ZIP file will look
like a Linux one but will actually contain FreeBSD binaries - that was
the simplest quick hack.

I also have a manual transcript of the commands that I needed to build
the *.so's, and I could diff -r against a freshly unpacked source to get
my patches to the build files of the native part, but I wanted to verify
that by redoing it once again, and I just don't get time now.  It's all
eaten up by work, family, or sleep.  If you are adventurous let me know,
I could share the unverified build procedure as well.

For now the *.so's should get you going I hope.  I didn't find time to
build M8 yet.

--
Regards,
Georg.