Date:      Tue, 12 Jun 2018 11:29:08 +0100
From:      Domagoj Stolfa <domagoj.stolfa@gmail.com>
To:        Michael Tuexen <tuexen@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-dtrace@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Versions

Hi Michael:

Thanks for making the SCTP probes! The 1.6.3 bit probably comes from the =
version of the API that D exposes, as seen here: =
https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd/blob/master/cddl/contrib/opensolaris/li=
b/libdtrace/common/dt_open.c#L137. Adding new things should probably be =
done in the latest version i.e. 1.13 -- but I may be wrong (this is =
mainly by skimming the dt_pragma.c code to see what "binding" does.

=E2=80=94=20
Domagoj

> On 12 Jun 2018, at 10:44, Michael Tuexen <tuexen@freebsd.org> wrote:
>=20
> Dear all,
>=20
> I'm implementing dtrace probe for SCTP and have a simple question for =
you.
>=20
> In dtrace files, for example udp.d there are lines like
>=20
> #pragma D binding "1.6.3" translator
>=20
> The question is: Where does 1.6.3 come from?
>=20
> Probably it comes from
> =
http://src.illumos.org/source/xref/illumos-gate/usr/src/lib/libdtrace/comm=