Date:      Wed, 19 Apr 2017 14:33:42 +0200
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartmann@walstatt.org>
To:        freebsd-ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>, freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   poudriere: crossbuilding for arm64 fails: pkg-static: No package files have been found

Trying to build a repository via poudriere fails on recent 12-CURRENT (FreeBSD
12.0-CURRENT #2 r317090: Tue Apr 18 15:32:23 CEST 2017 amd64) initially with
failing to build ports-mgmt/pkg.

poudriere's log reports:

[...]
configure: error: in `/wrkdirs/usr/ports/ports-mgmt/pkg/work/pkg-1.10.1':

Well, I'm running "home brewn jail" which means that I successfully cross
compiled the 12-CURRENT sources as "TARGET=arm64" and having the obj tree
resulting from this build installed as jail. While installing the jail, I also
included the knob "-x" to "poudriere jail -c -a arm64.aarch64".

The port emulators/qemu-user-static is installed and the kernel module is
loaded successfully.

Ports tree and /usr/src are up to date as of today, additinally, I rebuilt the
qemu emulator and reloaded the kernel module to ensure nothing goes wrong there.

When starting the poudriere build, QEMU reports no issues, but after starting
to build ports-mgmt/pkg, I receive the error shown above.

By the way, CROSS_BINUTILS_PREFIX is not set anywhere in poudriere's config
files, nor do I set this variable in the environment as I think this is set via
the .mk scripts according to settings of "TARGET=" for ARM/ARM64 cross
compiling.

So, what is going wrong here?

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks in advance,