Date:      Wed, 25 Sep 2002 22:49:20 +0200
From:      Carl-Johan Kihlbom <div@newcode.se>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Connecting to mysqld

I'm having trouble connecting to mysqld on my FreeBSD server.

If i connect as root using mysql -u root -p it works just fine, but if
I try as any other user, e.g. mysql -u kihlbom -p I get the following
error message:

ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: 'kihlbom@localhost' (Using
password: YES)

I created the users with "GRANT ALL ON *.* TO kihlbom IDENTIFIED BY
'password';". The users show up fine in the mysql.user table.

Is there a config file somewhere that states that only root may connect?

How can I allow connections from all users with a valid password?