Date:      Wed, 30 Sep 1998 20:00:21 -0500 (CDT)
From:      mike grommet <mgrommet@ns.insolwwb.net>
To:        Dan Baker <dbaker@illuminetss7.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   *FIXED* maybe? Re: DPT Raid hanging on newfs?

Well, while waiting on a reply I got to fooling around with the raid
bios settings in the dpt controller... just out of curiosity, I turned off
the extented bios settings (toggle) in the DPT bios... then everything
worked fine...

any ideas if this is a good fix?  will not having these features enabled
hurt me later in performance / reliability?

any replies much appreciated.