Date:      Thu, 1 Oct 1998 18:16:01 -0400
From:      Brian Cully <shmit@kublai.com>
To:        John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Threading man pages.

On Fri, Oct 02, 1998 at 08:07:41AM +1000, John Birrell wrote:
> That is/was specific to sigwait() and shouldn't be generalized to
> "signal handling" in general. FWIW, Daniel is one of just a few people
> who actively contribute to this stuff.

Well, sigsuspend() doesn't appear to work properly, either. But
I'll need to do some more testing to verify that.

That, and there appear to be problems with the way pthread_create
and fork() interact. After I fork(), I do a bunch of pthread_creates
and my application just hangs. If I don't fork() everything works
fine.  Plus, my application works just fine under Solaris 2.6. I'm
not convinced that it's not my problem, but the code path up to
that point is pretty simple, and I can't see what the problem is.

> > So I should go ahead and do some man page frobbing?
>
> I'm not sure exactly what you're going to frob. Do you have a copy of
> the POSIX standard to refer to? Remember that POSIX makes a lot of things
> optional.

I was going to start with the man pages to the various signal
functions, because that's what I've been dealing with recently.

No, I don't have a copy of the POSIX standard, but I have the
source, which should tell me everything I need to know (except for
the parts that don't adhere to the standard, but I was more interested
in a FreeBSD threads doc, and not a POSIX threads doc, which can
be added by someone who does have the standard). :-)

-bjc