Date:      Wed, 15 Feb 2012 10:11:55 +0100
From:      Damien Fleuriot <ml@my.gd>
To:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Differences in PF between FBSD 8.2 & 9.0?

On 2/15/12 2:22 AM, Doug Sampson wrote:
> I got bitten by PF when upgrading from 8.2 to 9.0. It refused to allow
> any incoming mail. I'm using spamd in conjunction with pf. I use a
> combination of natting along with redirections in conjunction with the
> normal pass/block rules.

Toggle logging on both your default drop rule and your allow mail ones.

Then tcpdump -nei pflog0 ip and port 465 (or 25, whichever)
See what rule number matches your packets, then find out what rule that
is with pfctl -vvvsr

There hasn't been a syntax change from 8.2 to 9.0, however I think
that's planned for 10.0