Date:      Sat, 23 Oct 1999 01:58:33 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Adam Laurie <adam@algroup.co.uk>
Cc:        Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>, J McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>, "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pccardd initializes interf. too late (arpwatch port exits earlier...)

In message <380F4405.4ABC45@algroup.co.uk> Adam Laurie writes:
: You might want to check out the PAO stuff before you go any further -
: I'm not sure if it addresses this particular issue, but the scripts are
: different from the standard distribtion.

This isn't a PAO vs normal issue, but rather a bug in /etc/rc.pccard
where pccardd was started with a & when it shouldn't have been.  Also,
the -z flag should be used if it isn't used by default to force pccard
to wait until after it has initialized the cards before tossing itself
into the background.  While these changes came from PAO, I know they
are in 3.3 and likely 3.2

Warner