Date:      Thu, 08 Oct 1998 10:10:22 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Patrick Gardella <patrick@cre8tivegroup.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   "free():" errrors

Last year Doug White asked if anyone could provide a app that consistently
reproduces the "junk pointer" problem.  (Sue Blake summarized what she found in
the mailing list archives on 02-May-1998)

I am getting them almost non stop recently in two applications.  They are not
the same bug mentioned in the pr-database - kern/6858 (I don't think), but may
be related.  These are the two I get all the time:

free(): warning: junk pointer, too high to make sense.
free(): warning: page is already free.

It happens in xmysqladmin 0.4.4 and licq 0.42 daily (hourly?).

It seems to be harmless, but is annoying.  The apps don't crash, for sure.

I am running 2.2.7-STABLE #0: Wed Aug 12 04:48:42 EDT 1998.

Can I do anything to provide someone with more knowlege of the memory system
any help?

Patrick Gardella