Date:      Fri, 18 Sep 1998 20:49:19 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Faisal M Chaudhry <faisalc@cs.tamu.edu>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        faisalc@cs.tamu.edu (Faisal M Chaudhry)
Subject:   Re: help with Bt848 driver

Sorry for posting the linux question on the freeBSD list.  I hadn't been
able to locate a linux list for this topic yet so I though someone here may
be able to point it out for me.

In any case, I am actually trying to determine whether it would be better
for me to install Hauppage's Wincast/TV on a linux system or on FreeBSD.
The impression I have so far is that the support for the Bt848 driver is
more mature with FreeBSD. Ultimately, I want to use the Wincast/TV card
with vic for videoconferencing with a colleague in another city.

I was reading some of Amancio's postings on where to find applications for
Wincast/TV's tuner and it was said that they are at...

	http://freebsd.org/~fsmp/HomeAuto/Bt848.html

...this page is no longer valid.  Where can I find this stuff now?  Also,
do I need additional modules to make vic work for Wincast/TV?

Faisal

P.S. -- By the way, how do I subscribe to this list?