Date:      Fri, 26 Jun 2020 11:36:07 +0200
From:      Thierry Thomas <thierry@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-python@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: egg-info / dist-info

Le ven. 26 juin 20 à 11:04:50 +0200, Kubilay Kocak <koobs@FreeBSD.org>
 écrivait :

> Hi Thierry,

Hello koobs!

> Would need to spend some time isolating/understanding the behaviour
> delta in detail to be able to recommend the best course of action,
> modulo trying to use USE_PYTHON=distutils which automates most/all of
> this work, as it uses setuptools --record output to produce the pkg-plist

As I wrote, this is not a Python port, and it cannot use
USE_PYTHON=distutils.

It uses a Python virtual env and runs pip inside. What could be the
differences between FreeBSD-12.1 and -CURRENT?

Note: it does not use pip from the ports tree, but a pip bundled with
math/sage.

> We can help you figure some of the details out in #freebsd-python on
> freenode IRC

OK - see you later there!
--
Th. Thomas.