Date:      Thu, 6 Jun 2002 16:17:25 -0700
From:      "Tony Saign" <tony@saign.com>
To:        <bmah@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        "'FreeBSD Mobile'" <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: X4.2 Broken on 4.6RC??

I was merely asking if anyone else had seen a similar issue using the
RC2 CD.
I was not asking for resolution or assistance.

EXACT ERROR MESSAGE; (during sysinstall)
Add of package XFree86-FontServer-4.2.0 aborted, error code 1 -
please check the debug screen for more info.
<HIT OK>
<HIT OK>
Install completed with errors <blah....>

EXACT DEBUG SCREEN;
ldconfig: warning: /usr/local/lib: No such file or directory
ldconfig: warning: /usr/X11R6/lib: No such file or directory
ldconfig: /usr/local/lib/aout: No such file or directory
ldconfig: /usr/X11R6/lib/aout: No such file or directory

gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
tar: child returned status 1
pkg_add: tar extract of -failed!
pkg_add: unable to extract table of contents file from "-" - not a
package?

A "fresh" build on an IBM T20 w/ downloaded .iso 4.6-RC2 CD.
During sysinstall when it "tries" to compile/install XFree86,
it fails to complete.

Installing a "fresh" build on same IBM T20 with the snapshot CD dated
06/05,
XFree86 compiled/installed fine.

-Tony