Date:      Sun, 21 Nov 1999 08:49:36 -0800
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Onboard Intel Lan

>On Sun, 21 Nov 1999, David Greenman wrote:
>
>>   I'm not aware of any onboard 82559 NICs that don't work correctly with
>>FreeBSD. I've personally tested and used those on several different models
>>of Tyan motherboards (including the predecessor [S1836DLUAN] to the one you
>>asked about), and haven't seen any problems.
>
>Thanks Mr. G.

   Oops, I probably should have mentioned that the Intel N440BX has known to
have some problems...but it's the only exception that I know about, and I
don't think the problem is related to it being on the motherboard as opposed
to being on a PCI card.

-DG

David Greenman
Co-founder/Principal Architect, The FreeBSD Project - http://www.freebsd.org
Creator of high-performance Internet servers - http://www.terasolutions.com
Pave the road of life with opportunities.