Date:      Sun, 3 Oct 1999 21:33:12 +0300 (EEST)
From:      slava revutchi <sl@zeus.dnt.md>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   two device drivers with the same name (al0)

Hello,

I noticed in 3.3R GENERIC kernel a new divice supported:
device          al0             # ADMtek AL981 (``Comet'')

The thing is, I've been using an Aironet wireless isa card with
previous versions of FreeBSD and the driver I had, used the same
name: al0. In 3.2 for instance, to add support for the card I would
add a line like this:
i386/isa/if_al.c                optional        al      device-driver
to /sys/i386/conf/files.i386, copy a few files around into the
/sys/i386/isa/ and add the appropriate line in the kernel config file.

What would I have to do in 3.3R to make it use the wireless card as
al0 driver and not the newly introduced one?

thank you,
slava