Date:      Sun, 20 Oct 1996 18:45:40 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dave Babler <dbabler@Rigel.orionsys.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   New kernel build weirdness

Just hasn't been my weekend. I'm running 2.1.5-STABLE and have been
keeping up with the source changes using CTM. I've been running
tc_wrappers for months and decided to rebuild the kernel to incorporate
all the CTM changes and add ipfw. The only modification to my existing
kernel configuration I did was to add option IPFIREWALL and
IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE. After compiling, installing and rebooting, I started
noticing some small and not-so-small problems.

1. the login from the console device now prints the user-ID following the
prompt, such as:

	login: cosmo
	cosmo
	password:

2. Suddenly, cons25 doesn't understand control keys. In pine, for
instance, arrow keys produce the equivalent ansi sequence printed to the
screen and ^X (and others) are printed instead of being interpreted as
control keys.

Booting the old kernel works as it always has. Could I have screwed up the
CTM updating process somehow, or missed compiling something that would do
this? Any ideas where to start looking?

-Dave