Date:      Mon, 30 Jul 2001 07:36:31 -0700
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Brian Fundakowski Feldman <green@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: quick informal survey: OpenSSH broken?

On Sun, Jul 29, 2001 at 09:53:09PM -0400, Brian Fundakowski Feldman wrote:
> I need to know, if OpenSSH is ever going to get MFC'ed, are there any people
> currently running OpenSSH 2.9 from -CURRENT's base and getting major
> problems with it?  Or even minor ones that actually make things more

You've never responded to requests from people asking what it would take
to make things fall back to v1 gracefully.  We all know it is a "feature"
that with a default configuration, it will try ssh2 first and if it is
not able to authenticate (say you have no .ssh/authorized_keys2 file) the
connection can fail.

--
-- David  (obrien@FreeBSD.org)