Date:      Sun, 19 Apr 2015 16:20:43 -0600
From:      Ian Lepore <ian@freebsd.org>
To:        Phil Murray <pmurray@nevada.net.nz>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Adaptec 7805H drivers

On Mon, 2015-04-20 at 09:53 +1200, Phil Murray wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> I have a few Adaptec 7805H HBA cards which FreeBSD doesn=A2t support na=
tively. However Adaptec have provided binary drivers for FreeBSD 9.2 (9.3=
 and 10.x support sadly absent).
>=20
> The problem I have is with the GENERIC kernel the compiled in ahd drive=
r tries to attach to the controller and fails. This prevents the pmspcv (=
Adaptec binary) driver from working.
>=20
> I=A2d like to keep using GENERIC for freebsd-update etc., so is there a=
 way I can stop the ahd driver from trying to attach without rebuilding t=
he kernel? Perhaps change their priority or precedence somehow?
>=20
> Is porting the open source Linux driver to FreeBSD a possibility?=20
>=20
> Cheers
>=20
> Phil

Try setting hw.ahd.0.disabled=3D1 in /boot/loader.conf.

-- Ian