Date:      Thu, 28 Dec 1995 02:43:31 +0800 (WST)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@jhome.DIALix.COM>
To:        j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ls /devfs: bad-id

> Hi all,
>
> first time with the new kernel that now also supports devfs.
>
> Whenever i do an ``ls /devfs'' (except for the very first time after
> reboot, if i remember well), i get
>
> bad-id bad-id bad-id bad-id ...
This was defensive programming.. I wanted to see how often this
occured..
that message and the "no references" message can be commented out..

basially it just means that the vnode was reused so I needed to get another..

> on the console.  Should i get nervous about it?
>
> Why are all the files in /devfs owned by group `games'? ;-)
I was thinking that it might want to be used by such a group of users?
(I was feeling cynical?)