Date:      Mon, 27 Feb 2006 21:29:18 +0900 (JST)
From:      Yamamoto Shigeru <shigeru@iij.ad.jp>
To:        sam@errno.com
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HEADSUP: new ath+hal

Hi, sam,

I install 20060130 current to same note PC to compare 'current 20060130' and
'current 20060222'.
After installing, I watch control message with
 'tcpdump -n -i ath0 -y IEEE802_11'.

When using '20060130 current', I can watch "Probe request" from my note PC.
But I can't watch "Probe request" when using '20060222 current'.

I add 'printf()' to codes and I check when 'IEEE80211_CHAN_PASSIVE' is set.
I found ath_getchannels() at @src/sys/dev/ath/if_ath.c sets
'IEEE80211_CHAN_PASSIVE', because 'CHANNEL_PASSIVE' in channelFlags is set.

I think ath driver send "Probe request" if ignore 'CHANNEL_PASSIVE' in
channelFlags.
So I add a code to ignore 'CHANNEL_PASSIVE' and to unset
'IEEE80211_CHAN_PASSIVE'.
I test this test code at "broadcast SSID in beacon", and my note PC can
associate an AP.

It seems me current ath hal returns 'CHANNEL_PASSIVE' for all channels.
In @src/sys/contrib/dev/ath/ah.h, comment for 'CHANNEL_PASSIVE' is "Only
passive scan allowed in the channel".
Does it mean my note PC can't send a probe message?

Thanks,
-------
YAMAMOTO Shigeru	<shigeru@iij.ad.jp>